jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010

Parts of Speech

Parts of Speech Quiz
1 I bought a beautiful dress at the mall.
adjective
2 What did she ask you to do?
pronoun
3 I left my shoes under  the kitchen table.
preposition
4 If we finish our work quickly  we can go to the movies.
adverb
5 On Saturdays I work from nine to five.
verb
6 I want to go to a university in the United States.
noun
7 I'm sure I have met  your girlfriend before
verb
8 Well, I don't think I will be here to answer the phone.
interjection
9 Andy knocked on the door but nobody answered.
conjunction
10 After lunch let's go out for a coffee.
preposition


Active or Passive Quiz
1 I ate a piece of chocolate cake. active
2 The librarian read the book to the students. active
3 The money was stolen. passive
4 They are paid on Fridays. passive
5 The movie is being made in Hollywood. passive
6 I washed my car three weeks ago. active
7 His hair was cut by a professional.passive
8 I will introduce you to my boss this week. active
9 It would have been fixed on the weekend. passive
10 The national anthem is being sung by Jason this time.passive


Can, Could, Be able to Quiz
1 Could he understand what you were talking about? 
2 My sister can play tennis now. 
3 I could walk when I was less than a year old.
4 (Polite) Could you tell me what time it is, please?
5 My grandfather was able to walk without any help last night.
6 I would like to be able to play the piano. 
7 How long have you been able to drive?
8 I'll be able to help you later.
9 Can you help me? I can to never understand this. 
10 Will Man be able to live forever one day?


Reading Homework1. What's title?Physical Therapy
Reviewed by: Karen Manternach, MSPT


2. List the most important ideas.*Physical therapists are often able to relieve pain and help kids resume daily activities.
*Doctors may recommend PT for kids with:
•cerebral palsy
•genetic disorders
•orthopedic disabilities
•heart and lung conditions
•muscle diseases
*Physical therapists often use a variety of treatments to help build strength, improve movement, and strengthen skills needed to complete daily activities.

*Physical therapists tend to work in hospitals, private practices, fitness centers, and rehabilitation and research facilities

3.What did you figure out from the article?That the Physical therapy may be needed any time a child has difficulty moving in such a way that it limits daily activities.  During a visit, with a physical therapist  might guide kids through:weightlifting to build strength around an injury;flexibility exercises to increase range of motion;giving instruction on how to avoid injuries; improving circulation around injuries by using heat, cold, exercise, electrical stimulation, massage, and ultrasound.

4.Make a list of key vocabularyPhysical therapists
strength
movement
weightlifting
flexibility
aquatic therapy
exercise
electrical stimulation
massage
ultrasound
rehabilitation
physical therapy
disability
prevent.
developmental delays
cerebral palsy
orthopedic disabilities
birth defects
spina bifida
acute trauma
head injury
limb deficiencies
muscle diseases


5.Write a conclusionThe Physical Therapy is important when the people have problems for do their activities daily. A physical therapist  teach  exercises designed to help the people regain strength and range of motion, and also show them how to prevent a recurring injury.

6. Find at least an example of the structures1). Adjectives ending ing/ed.
identify potential and existing problems
2). Modal Verbs. Physical therapists must earn a master's degree or receive a doctoral degree in physical therapy
3). Pronoun IT, possessive ITS.
in such a way that it limits daily activities
4). Relative pronouns.Doctors often recommend physical therapy for kids who have been injured
5). Gerunds/Past Participle.Doctors often recommend physical therapy
6). Present Perfect (Active/Passive)for kids who have been injured or have movement problems from an illness


1 comentario: